Tuesday 7 May 2013

May 7, 2013 - Tuesday

The Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton is certainly no Hilton or Weston.  The hotel key works once, but not the second try. Back to the desk to ask for a new key and to change the room because of elevator noises but I am assured that I will be happier there than between a loud tv and someone going to the bathroom.  Back upstairs I go with my new key. Trouble getting onto the wifi no worries just call for help. Problem fixed, woohoo and two minutes later the system has failed again.  The room is heating up, the air conditioning isn't working.  It is now 10:00 a.m. And I am changing rooms.  Moving on up to 804 - gee I do hope it will be better.  Nicer room - not the best sleep and the alarm is set for 6 a.m.  
The alarm rings, it is time to bounce, breakfast and taxi is here by 7:30.  I am so worried about being late that II have never been so early in my life.  The next few hours will fly by in the blink of an eye.  Pr-k to grade 2 for an hour - jump in a taxi and go across town for another hour.  Great schools, great kids. As I am telling stories at the second school one little boy suddenly has a nose bleed.  I signal the teachers without skipping a beat in my story, then I notice another kid starting to throw up, I signal the teacher's without skipping a beat - talk about new experiences!  
When the stories are done the librarian whisks me back to the first school. More stories, more fun with grades 3-6.  Then I put my feet up and schmooz while I wait for my lovely host Natalie to bring me to her house for supper.  I now have a new friend on Facebook and a new friend in Edmonton.  What a super day and evening.  
I am exhausted but it is a great feeling.  I have three tellings tomorrow then I am off to the airport bound for Calgary and on to Lethbridge.  Gosh I hope the fun continues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment