Monday 6 May 2013

May 6, 2013 - Monday

Omg! What an incredible day. I am sitting at the Calgary airport and catching my breath. The morning began early with a taxi pick up at 7:30 a.m. Calgary traffic dictates the early departure time and of course I want to be punctual! I arrived at St. Wilfrid Public School before the principal. Lovely people, warm greetings and a spot to park my suitcase with all of my new purchases.
The first session began at 9:00 a.m. with approximately 60 grade 1-3 students. What a hoot. I loved it especially their animal choices for the tale "What A Wonderful Life." They filled my story with an alligator, a bird, a lion and a chicken. It was so cute to see them all making the sounds and actions. The second hour was with students of grades 4-6. They were a great bunch of kids as well. I told them a mix of takes including a French Canadian Tale, Nasradeen the Mulla tales, a Costa Rican Tale, and Eastern European tales. There were 14 students that were chosen from Grade 1-6, whom I had the privilege to eat lunch with. Neat kids with cool names from around the world.
Then the librarian whisked me off to Airdrie Public Library for a storytelling session with 65 grade 1 students and adults. We were gathered in the City Council Chamber and I met the Mayor of Airdrie! Another great experience and then I was interviewed by Joel who will write an article on my visit to Airdrie. Stay tuned! Another chariot ride to the airport and now I am waiting for the plane. I kinda like the new punctual me!

No comments:

Post a Comment