Sunday 5 May 2013

May 5, 2013 -Sunday

I am up nice and early and getting ready for the long awaited storytelling tour. First stop is the PJ Library in Calgary. Kathie my chauffeur texts me to say she is here. I am on my way down I text back. I walk out the front door and discover that there is no one waiting for me. It seems that there are a few 71 Woodacres in the area. A few minutes later I meet Kathie Wainer director of the PJ LIbrary in Calgary for the first time after months of e-mails back and forth.
I told stories in a beautiful atrium at Jewish Family services in Calgary. There were approximately 20 Kids and 25 adults. The four stories that I told were very well received. I even had a chance to throw in a few finger plays for the very young. After a few goodbyes I was back home for lunch and more shopping. Boy do I ever love Aritzia.
The Calgary sunshine was beckoning us to be outdoors. My s-i-l and I went for a long walk in Fish Creek Park. The walk was wonderful - nature, ducks, paths that wouldn't end.... And then the question came-where are we? Do we know the way back? The signs are completely inefficient as they state you are here but then they do not indicate where here really is. Well 3 hours later we were completely off track. We ended up near the C train, walked along the highway. Took a short cut that ended up with barbed wire fence on either side. When we entered there were lovely white tailed deer. They looked at us, we looked at them. Hmmm! They knew that there was no exit-but we did not. So we walked through crunchy brush until we could walk no longer. We couldn't exit either. The thought of walking all the way back and having to face the deer was more than we could bare. As we walked back we found a break in the fence, quick let's just escape through the opening! A quick climb up an embankment and once again we walked and walked for miles. Three hours later we returned home, our lips were dry our mouths were parched but we were finally home. It is a good thing that the Calgary sun remains high in the sky even past 9:30 p.m.
Well tomorrow is another day so stay tuned to the whirlwind tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment